Friday 3 July 2009

A prickly pause.

Further to my cactus obsession I had a go at making a prickly pear in felt- more pear less prickle though!Needs some adjustment, the top pear ended up pointing the wrong way, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.
Yesterday I spent a lovely morning at my sister's babying sittign my nephew with my mum. While he was napping we were in the garden, I took the opportunity to make some quick sketches of the beautiful flowers my sisters grows. I want to build up a collection drawings to work from but I find I spend too much time deliberating about drawing and not enough time actually doing it so I'm trying to make an effort!






And finally on a lighter note I just wanted to share one of my most treasured charity shop purchases. I love finding a bargain, especially when it's vintage but this lion coat hook is easily my favourite; he's so handsome and his nose hides a secret compartment, or maybe not so secret now! I can claim I'm collecting things for my future children but everyone knows they're for me so why bother?


1 comment:

  1. i like your drawings but i LOVE your lion!!!! hes so lovely!!! just about to post my afternoon's worth of crafting!! x
    o and your prickly pear looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.