Saturday 18 July 2009

All the leaves are green...

I've been working on more designs for shrink plastic necklaces. I wanted to try using paper punches so out came one of my leaf ones, I tried adding some colour too, bit unusual for me but my fabric obsession has spawned more of an interest in colour.


Leaves bracelet idea in green and black/white plus a pile of leaves in different colours.
I also made another scribbles necklace, this time in black. I like the impact black has without being garish. Plus it's an easy colour to wear, I often choose black necklaces. I'm going to play with the length next and the chains I use, the bright silver jumprings don't compliment the black as well as I'd like.



Scribbles necklaces in white and black.

And lastly for today's post a pic of the blanket box I recovered for my sister, finally got it completed the other night. As modelled again by Milo the box is covered in a heavy weight lilac/grey chenille I bought on eBay, the body of the box came out really well, the lid however was harder to tuck at the corners and was a bit bumpy underneath but as we didn't want to cover it over we just made it as neat as possible.

Blanket box being inspected by Milo, he's harsh but fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.