Friday 10 July 2009

Four legged model.

I've been attempting to tick things off my crafts to do list, I'm nearly done with the blanket box I'm refurbishing. I finished recovering the top this evening, I attached new foam to the top with spray adhesive, trimmed it to size then covered first with a layer of white poplin before adding the Ikea pillowcase I was given for another project but was the perfect print for the box. I'm going to paint the wood, though I hate to do it, but it's only a plywood covering and it's really badly chipped.

Our Jack Russel Milo helped to model the completed top as I tried it on the base to see how it looked. He seems to think he matches it well and he's right.

Aside from my blanket box obsession I bought a small chest of drawers, shown in a previous post, and I've been stripping the paint off with Nitromors to show the lovely wood underneath. Nitromors is an old friend now after I spent several weeks stripping the paint off one of my Minis. I'm planning to glue fabric or wallpaper onto the front of the drawers to contrast with the wood. I keep buying fabric but the more I have the harder it is to choose!

1 comment:

  1. it looks great and i love the unusual shape of the blanket box!

    ReplyDelete

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.