Monday 13 July 2009

Yesterday we visited the 'New Designers' exhibition in London, hopefully next year we will be exhibiting our work. We walked 8 miles, mostly inside the Business Design Centre, and parked the whole day for a pound. Who said London has to be expensive?

The night before I was feeling crafty and wanted to make something to wear that was my own so I got cracking with the shrink plastic and worked on an idea I'd had in the back of my mind for a while. I'd originally wanted a drawn line on the front but decided it looked better plain white.


I'm quite pleased with the outcome and plan to make another in black, or colour the back of a white one in so you could wear it either way. I also want to play with the length and scale.

It's really satisfying to be able to make something yourself to wear, I really want to get my sewing skills up to scratch so I can make clothes and other things for my flat, it's addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.