Tuesday 30 June 2009

You can never have too many sketchbooks.

Another installment in a recent crafting spree saw us having a go at an idea I saw on Wise Craft. We used bondaweb to cover moleskin cahiers with fabric, very simple and effective! Will definitely be making more.

On the left the fabric is 'Martini Mustard' by Amy Butler, a fabric I've used in other projects like my door stop, on the right is 'Floral Swirl' by Erin McMorris, both were bought from Isabelle and Kate's Fabrics, a great shop on Folksy which offers a range of interesting fabrics, it's hard to choose which to buy!

On another note, we were lucky enough to bag some free tickets to the Lincolnshire Show, a great traditional show for our county, I think this year was the 125th. It's a mix of tractors, stunt motorcycle displays, food stalls and animals. We packed a picnic consisting of homemade potato salad, garlic chicken done in a chicken brick (would definitely recommend to anyone!), vegan brownies and fresh berries. We even took meringues! This year however we took a look at a part not visited before- the flower display tent and were completely blown away by some of the displays, mainly the alliums.

The zesty green against the deep plum is my current favourite colour combination of late, I'd wear it if I could but I'd look like a flower so I'm trying to use it in my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.