Thursday 18 June 2009

Fabric attack!

I've been hoarding fabrics lately and have had to come to the conclusion that they must be used, keeping them in a box and occasionally getting them out and refolding them is just mean. So I've decided on a few things I wanted to use them for and the main thing is to recover a few stools and boxes.


Poor hideous black vinyl stool- not for long!


I picked up this sorry looking fellow for a mere £1 from a local carboot sale, I was looking for a stool and this was really the only one I found but I'm really pleased with the design and the wood is an attractive one in good condition. I started to take it apart as soon as I got home. The plan is to sand and oil the frame and reupholster the cushion. Watch this space for a finished pic.


I also recently aquired an old blanket box for £1 (must be a lucky amount for me), it's a very tatty looking thing, badly covered and it's plywood so I think it will have to be painted, I hate painting wood but this is okay. Once that is finished I will have somewhere nice to store my fabrics while they wait to be used, plus I keep ordering more which I'll put pics of on here soon.

Small stool/box with hinged lid, soon to be beautified!


I also got a small stool/box from a charity shop, not for a pound but cheap enough, that will be revived and tomorrow I'm going to collect an eBay purchase of a more modern blanket box that I'm hoping will recover nicely for my sister who wants a smaller blanket(/toy) box (+ padded = 8 month old starting to crawl friendly!) to go in her gorgeous redecorated lounge. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.