Sunday 3 October 2010

A cactus is always a succulent, except for when it's not....

I've had this project in mind since I remembered I had this in the cupboard....
 




Gorgeous olive green chunky corduroy that I bought from a charity shop a few years ago with no real purpose in mind. It was a 'just in case'. The idea was one of those that wakes you up in the night, tempting you to go get the sewing machine out at midnight.



A plan was afoot. I made some rough templates and after learning the hard way to snip the inside of round seams and to refinforce them he was complete!

 


 So here is my newest design- a cactus of the non-prickly kind, in fact he's positively soft!
Next to him are some pincushions I've been working on, I was trying to get a new one made each night but some jewellery making has intervened. 





Just as an aside I've been trying to keep an eye out for some of the designs on packaging while out in the supermarket and how beautiful is this...


 .....makes me want to get baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.