Wednesday 2 September 2009

Kew Gardens.



I haven't posted here in a while, I recently made some changes in my personal life and I haven't really felt like writing on the blog. However now the dust has settled a bit I have been able to concentrate more on my work and think more about what I'm going to be doing when I'm back at uni.

We recently went to Kew Gardens in London, to look round in general but we were really pleased to see the Princess Diana glasshouse and it's massive display of cacti and succulents. I want to use the shape of my favourite cacti as a basis for a jewellery collection, I've been considering both metal and cotton linter casting but we'll see what happens.

Here are a few pictures of the Lithorps and some other succulents and cacti, I love the clusters of shapes together and the subtle colours, especially with the stones.









I'll have a few more updates soon from more trips we've been on recently, possibly more cacti related posts too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.