Wednesday 27 May 2009

The new home crafts.

I have a minor obsession with books as anyone who knows me will tell you; currently away from home at uni I have just brought the bare essentials, probably 200 or so books on crafts, jewellery and art. 24 of the skeleton library are a set of 'The Family Creative Workshop' books, a series from the 70s on crafts the whole family can all do, but they're surprisingly sophisticated at times.

Set out in all their technicolour glory.

Set out alphabetically the books range from Acrylics to batik to Wire sculpture to zoetrope toys. Somewhere inbetween they cover textiles, lampworking glass, furniture making, ceramics and jewellery. Nowhere else in my compulsive reading of home crafts books have I found such a range of activitives that would fit right in at a contemporary crafts show, instead of a village fete.

Even the cover of the index is incredibly cool!

My friend, fellow blogger Tasha, and I have decided to work through them during the summer. We'll keep you posted with the results. Crafts with a seventies theme, that has to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fold and Stitch Shop

Fold and Stitch Shop
Come and look what's in my Folksy shop.